Two problems with DVD viewing, and screen quality

Prisine229 01:24 28 Dec 2008

First problem

I brought prison break season 1 on DVD, I got it from the UK, as my stuff an I are in the UK.
I brought it home and tried both that DVD and another DVD on my TV, found out it was not working. But the DVDs worked on both other TV/DVD and my PC... Except the prison break didn't play on my PC. The film The departed did, theya re both DVD video/PAL 2, and yet prison break didn't play, it couldn't find any Disc in the E drive. I changed the regional settings to English(US), after this I could play the DVD, I've just taken it out again, and put in the other disc from the boxset and now it won't play.

Second problem.

I have a 19" LCD flatscreen monitor, from Hans-G. I've noticed that when playing DVDs on it, they are crappy quality, I've watched the prison break on a 2 year old Phillips 14" colour TV with built in DVD player(It's a the old small grey TV) and on that the quality and colour is much better, vibrant, and the peoples; hair is darker like how the modern shows are done. Why is the quality on my screen so bad, I have updated all drivers, use PowerDVD 8, used the catalyst to try change screen, but doesn't get the quality i get on the TV.

I heard something about DVI, I checked this and my graphics card, Radeon x1650 pro AGP supports DVI, and my screen "came" with a DVI cable, but i can't find it.

I also heard about decoders, but I'm sure that isn't it.

Please help guys/girls

Thanks

Rich

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?