two monitors on one pc

sugarbabe 13:25 05 Aug 2007

want to set up a pc in a kids bedroom, one pc but two monitors in different places. how can i do this can i buy an adapter or something so i can plug to monitors in. computer is windows xp

Technotiger 13:32 05 Aug 2007

Have a look through these, courtesy of Google ..

click here

wee eddie 14:50 05 Aug 2007

to display the Same or different things?

Both rely on what Outputs your Graphics Card has.

This should help you if one of the monitors is to be a distance from the PC. click here

sugarbabe 15:44 05 Aug 2007

Both monitors will be displaying same thing. Just want to know how to attach two monitors to back of pc do i need an adapter??

it depends on your garphics card, most modern cards will support up to 2 monitors. look at the back of the pc, if you have a 2 screen card there will be twi identical slots, one of which will have your present monitor plugged in. if there is only one slot, you need another graphics card. if there is one slot halfway down the pc in a vertical position you have onboard graphics. need to know more details of the pc really, mosy drivers let you clone (have same display) or extend (extends the desktop) i use 2 monitors and would never go back to one! ultramon is a good program to manage dual monitor set ups.

Technotiger 15:58 05 Aug 2007

Scroll down a little and check-out the note about needing a longer cable ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?