jegMAN 00:43 11 Jan 2009

Hi I have a couple of isues on my Mesh PC:

Intel Q9450 Quad
Vista Home Prem 64-bit
PCI-Express Moboard-nForce 750i SLi -ATX
8GB DDR2 800MHz, 1TB Serial HDrive
2x 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
Creative 5.1 speakers

First off, the PC inconsistently (but regularly) doesn't 'wake up' from sleep - or at least the screen stays black - i suspect an issue with the graphics card (driver?).

Second - the speakers sound full of static - and will pick up the wireless mouse movements etc.

Any advice?

howard64 10:59 11 Jan 2009

speakers - I would try undating your sound driver.

jegMAN 17:45 12 Jan 2009

Thanks for the response - my sound driver is the most recent available though.

Both issues are very irritating and Mesh support won't help on either.
I wonder if the static is actually something to do with the cooling fans - or cheap speaker cable? Does the wireless mouse/keyboard cause the issue?

The 'sleep' issue is more of a concern in some ways as I have to hard reboot to resolve when it occurs.

howard64 18:36 12 Jan 2009

I have turned off hibernate as I did not get it to resume afterwards. I would uninstall your sound card from right clicking my computer and properties then hardware then device manager and click on the plus sign for the sound card then uninstall. Reboot and when windows starts it will reinstall the sound card. This might do the trick. Could you try an ordinary mouse and see if this stops the problem. Another thought is it a sound chip on the mobo? or a separate sound card? If it is separate could the onboard sound be turned on in the bios?

jegMAN 19:37 13 Jan 2009

Thanks again for the reply Howard.
I tried the power settings before and having just checked I realised I was set up for "Turn Display off after-1 hour" and "Put Computer to sleep-never", so it must be the graphics card not waking up?

I'll try with 'never' for the display too!

I'll try the re-install on the sound as well.

jegMAN 20:23 13 Jan 2009

Tried the uninstall/reinstall as suggested - bliss whilst uninstalled, but hte static returned once it re-installed.

I haven't got another mouse to try at the mo, but when I unplug the usb mouse/kb receiver and take the batteries from the mouse and keyboard it makes no difference. I'm sure it's kind of 'picking up' the noise from somewhere though.

Has anyone else got any ideas please - it's truly irritating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires