two disk dual O.S . router Question

Blubottle 09:09 18 Sep 2010

Hi
I have a dual O.S system running on two HDD's. XP primary, Win 7 secondary. The router installed and setup on the primary XP disk.I have also set up A static I/P address, Does the secondary Win 7 disk need to be set up with it's own static I/P address if so how, there is no router login from this disk as it is only setup from the primary.
Does this make sense?
regards

Proclaimer 09:45 18 Sep 2010

I have a Dual Boot on this system, each OS is on a separate drive and I don't use any software to connect to the Router and I can't see why you would need to either.

Boot the Win7 OS and if the Ethernet Cable is attached it should connect to the internet.

Blubottle 10:39 18 Sep 2010

win 7 does connect to the internet the problem is that it suffers from disconnections more so than the XP disk.

Proclaimer 17:55 18 Sep 2010

If both suffer from disconnects I would try a new cable first, making sure the cable has the 'grips' at either end. A loose cable can cause this grief and is usually last to be checked.

If that is swapped and it still drops connection, you may want to unseat the Ether Card if it is not 'On Board' if it is on board I would look for a new driver next.

If that fails to fix it and the card is On Board I would try a new card in a slot. After all that I would be contacting the ISP and asking them to test the Router.

Blubottle 11:27 19 Sep 2010

Thanks proclaimer.
I have already done all you suggest, except contact my ISP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?