Two different Address Books

SKODANUT 14:50 19 Feb 2008

My ISP is Tiscali- Windows XP Home. They recommended an improved layout for OE, which looks good but I now have two Address Books and if I click OE on the start menu I get a different layout than clicking 'Mail' on Tiscali homepage. I think I should go back to OE as loaded on purchase ( Evesham PC) Any suggestions please? Oi be very much absobeginner!

Technotiger 16:02 19 Feb 2008

You could try a System Restore back to before you accepted the 'improved' OE.

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore follow the on-screen prompts and make sure you choose a restore date shown in Bold print!

SKODANUT 16:32 19 Feb 2008

Have tried System Restore around the approximate date, no change. PCA archives advice dated 27/12/07 offere a manual amalgomation of 2 address books - will give that a try later on.

MAny thanks - SKODANUT

Technotiger 16:37 19 Feb 2008

OK. thanks for the feedback.

SKODANUT 18:12 20 Feb 2008

Tried the Export/Import procedure recommended, eventually manually transferred addresses from OE to Tiscali and created a Group of 15 to send an urgent email tonight. New problem now, Tiscali's FAQ says (19/2/06)"click the green address book icon to left of the address field for
tTO, CC or Bcc. My screen doesn't have a green icon, the Groups stay firmly at home. Are there any Tiscali users out there that can help?

SKODANUT 19:28 20 Feb 2008

Belay the Last Pipe me hearties!!! There baint no green icons but I've fandangled how to do it and it works a treat. Oi warned Oi was thick.! Thanks a bunch lads (or lasses)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?