Two computers One monitor

  spuds 14:20 31 Mar 2006

I presently have two totally independent desktop computer set-ups, and I want to use only one monitor due to space limitations. Can you direct me to a device or method so that I can achieve my goal.Monitor is CRT. Computers using XP Pro on one, and XP Home on the other.

  JimmE 14:38 31 Mar 2006

The device you need is called a KVM Switch. These can be picked up cheaply online, i suggest

click here

as a good place to start.

  pj123 14:38 31 Mar 2006

My friend has the same setup. He bought a KVM switch. All you do is hit the Scroll Lock twice to switch from one PC to the other. You only need one mouse and keyboard as well.

I think he got his from Maplins.

click here

  g0slp 14:39 31 Mar 2006

Their code VC46A

Further info click here

It's the VDU box

  spuds 18:33 31 Mar 2006

Thanks everyone, looks like a Maplin's visit then.Ticked as resolved.

  g0slp 20:34 31 Mar 2006

No problem, spuds.

Hope you get sorted out OK.


  spuds 13:10 02 Apr 2006

Local Maplin's didn't have stock, so settled for this click here

  spuds 13:14 02 Apr 2006

Typo error.Big stiff fingers, small keyboard. Try this link click here Cheapest around,for instant connections.

  spuds 13:23 02 Apr 2006

Should have mentioned,I was considering this Belkin device, but noticed more difficulty for keyboard and mouse connection click here (Another very good price outlet. Device here at £19.70 delivered, elsewhere £23.76+ delivery)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017