Twinhann Card Issues...

KICKSTAR 19:45 14 Jun 2008

Hi,

Newbie, so go easy!

I have recently ordered a PC with a Digital TV Card installed. It was sent with a remote and nothing else. I checked out the website that I ordered the PC from and found out that it is a Twinhann DVB Sat Pro. So, I downloaded the generic drivers and software (none for my model) but when installing I get an error message on both saying 'No supported device found!'.

I continued past this on both but with the DVBData software it keeps saying 'Can't initialize hardware information, reboot windows?'

I rebooted a couple of times thinking this might fix it but no luck.

Is there anyone that could take pity on me and provide some step by step instructions on what I need to do to watch Tv on my PC?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:52 14 Jun 2008

manual click here

drivers
click here

Stuartli 22:03 14 Jun 2008

Download the correct drivers for your card along with the software.

Install the drivers first (your system should ask for a reboot) and then the software (reboot part way through).

Presuming you have the same software as I use for my Twinhan PCI TV card, you then need to Scan for Freeview channels from the Control Panel (click on the left hand arrow to bring up the Scanning menus). Select the second tab on the panel.

Make sure that the UK is the chosen country and to have logical channel listings.

From the 55 scanning channels available you can untick the first 23 as they are not needed.

During the scan, a new panel will inform how many TV and radio channels are being found; once finished, OK the main panel.

You can also scan in analogue channels if you wish as you can normally view Teletext pages.

Once you are are able to watch TV programmes, right clicking the screen will bring up the features menu; left clicking will allow you to scale a small TV screen to your requirements, which can be enlarged to full size with a left click.

By the way, I find the Twinhan software somewhat lacking in ability and normally use ShowShifter instead, which also takes advantage of the Twinhan BDA drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017