Twinhan ter d+a

rsinbad 15:29 25 Oct 2006

Just received thisa pci card followed instructions ie fitted to spare socket rebvooted but then message options to star normally or select options. any option does not work and the cycle returns.

i have made sure it is seated correctly, tried another pci slot still no joy.

I previously had win tv go which i removed the software and driver and also removed the card.

for some reason the bios was not happy with this card and had to reset to defaults the tie also changed which i had to reset, battery reading 3.4v is this card faulty or is there another reason why this is happening?

rsinbad 16:17 25 Oct 2006

Tried installing the drivers first but still no joy?

Stuartli 16:56 25 Oct 2006

Firstly, have you downloaded the Twinhan BDA drivers and software for the card (Model number 3054), as I assume you may have the Cyberlink PowerCinema equivalent and which should be ignored?

Ensure the card is properly seated in the PCI slot and then install the software and reboot.

Once you have rebooted, install the BDA drivers again on their own (the 1.0.1.8 version) and reboot.

You will then (hopefully) be able to use the Control Panel to Scan for TV and radio channels; it's best to use the second tab rather than Easy Scan and select Antenna and Logical LCN.

Almost certainly you will find some TV and radio stations duplicated - always delete the version with the higher channel number in each case.

rsinbad 17:21 25 Oct 2006

ahhh glad u popped in my problem is installing the pci card once firmly fitted the computer will not start just get the safe node etc choice choosing any brings me back to the same page.

dont understand normally pop a pci card in found new hardware and away you go. this is not happening my computer doesn't like this card or maybe its faulty.

or some bios settings?

Stuartli 17:56 25 Oct 2006

Re Bios settings.

Try Disabling P'nP (it's Disabled on my setup and makes no difference to hardware installations) and also see:

click here

Normally Windows is excellent at allocating resources, IRQs etc.

Stuartli 18:02 25 Oct 2006

Also see:

click here

rsinbad 18:34 25 Oct 2006

I'll try disabling pnp as soon as i get the card back, To find out if its my setup or a faulty card i have asked a freind who dabbles in computers to set it up on one of his machines to see if it will work. if it works then it must be my comp.

not sure what they mean about other devices running Conexent BT878A?

Technotiger 18:47 25 Oct 2006

Hi, the Conexant thingy is a Video Capture chip, see here -

click here

Cheers

rsinbad 19:05 25 Oct 2006

Thanks for that i removed the old tv card so that shouldn't cause a problem

Technotiger 19:08 25 Oct 2006

Me again - the comment "other devices running Conexant..." probably means that perhaps you have a web-cam still or video that was using the video chip, as well as the tv card.

rsinbad 19:19 25 Oct 2006

umm i do have a webcam but is not plugged in thing is when i put the card in the computer doesn't start?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone