twin tuner freeview box scart set up

mrwoowoo 01:27 13 Jun 2008

A bit confused as to how the scart leads connect up to my TV,DVD and twin tuner freeview box to allow watching one channel whilst recording another.
Tv has ext 1 and ext 2 scarts
Dvd has ext 1 tv-1/0 and ext 2 aux-1/0 scarts
FVB has TV AND VCR scarts.
Probably as obvious as it looks,but am having problems.Should it be....
TV EXT 1 > FVB TV
TV EXT 2 > DVD TV
DVD EXT 2 AUX > FVB VCR scart

Ditch999 11:42 13 Jun 2008

One scart from FVB (TV) to TV (Ext1)
One scart from FVB (VCR) to DVD (Ext2), if its a DVD recorder, to enable recording.
One scart from DVD (Ext 1) to TV (Ext2)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:52 13 Jun 2008

AS above

Just use the TV to view normal analogue channels

Use AV1 to view the FVB

If recording FV then just use FV remote to change to another FV channel to watch still on AV1 on TV.

mrwoowoo 14:21 13 Jun 2008

Thanks guys.
Wasn't sure if i needed the TV EXT 2 > DVD TV.
Not getting anything on AV1 only AV2.Will now delve around at the back and set up as suggested.

Ditch999 14:24 13 Jun 2008

Dont for get you need your aerial cables running from the FVB to the DVD to the TV as well!

mrwoowoo 16:15 13 Jun 2008

"Dont for get you need your aerial cables running from the FVB to the DVD to the TV as well!"
When i connect the tv ariel to the FVB to the DVD to the TV i hardly get any channels.
If i have the ariel cable from FVB to DVD only(nothing into tv ariel socket) i get all the channels?,even analogue,through the scart i assume?
Getting confusing.I've taken your comments on board and will pull out the unit tonight when kids are in bed.

Ditch999 16:22 13 Jun 2008

You are correct in that you get it through the scart connection.
If you are happy enough that all your recording and viewing will be done through the FVB then you dont need the aerial lead to the TV, and some people do away with the aerial from the FVB to the DVD and just use the scart to record from the FVB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone