Twian Driver

branb88 20:30 29 Jan 2008

Does anyone know where I can get a twain driver for my HP Photosmart C5240 all-in-one. I can not get the scanner driver to load from the software that came with the scanner. I bought this printer and gave my old one to my wife, which would not load the scanner driver on my computer. I loaded the soft on her computer and it worked. I thought it was out dated software until I got the new printer, and now it turns out to be my computer. HELP HELP HELP!!!

FreeCell 20:53 29 Jan 2008

What operating system are you using?

Any error messages?

If you look under Control Panel in Scanners and Cameras is the HP C5240 listed?

Try going to Device Manager and under"Imaging Devices" find the HPC5240 and right click and delete. Reboot with scanner connected and reinstall the driver.

branb88 21:13 29 Jan 2008

XP with srp2 An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. The hp C5240 is not in the Scanner and camera folder. Will try what what you suggest.

Thanks

ANY THING ELSE IN CASE THIS DOES NOT WORK?

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:14 29 Jan 2008
  branb88 00:46 30 Jan 2008

The version I have is higher than the on the hp site. This is what the error message is in the device manger--Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). Any other thoughts!!!!!!!!!

FreeCell 10:56 30 Jan 2008

The HP site date for the drivers is January 2008. Sure your is later version? Try downloading the basic drivers from HP and trying that.

HP suggest may be virus problem
click here

May be worth investigating as problem seems to be just with one PC not all-in-one or driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?