Tweak VI for Vista

Rogerfredo 16:38 07 Mar 2007

I recently downloaded the free version of Tweak VI software. It appeared very professional, so I decided to pay the registration fee (£16) to get the full version. This required the free version to be uninstalled first. When I ran the uninstaller, all my other programs and folders were wiped off the hard drive on which the program was installed.
After I managed to re-install most of these, (fortunately the hard drive was not the primary system drive), I installed the software and all seemed to be ok.
However, IE7 then became very slow, and so I installed Mozilla Firefox. This works well, but when I tried to download Adobe Flash it failed to install.
I followed instructions to save the program and then start it by double clicking, but the message "Invalid directory" was displayed. When I tried to start the Tweak utility, the same message was displayed - something had messed up.
I then decided to uninstall the recently added programs, but when I tried to remove Tweak VI, it again wiped out the whole of the drive!
I have emailed Total idea software (Tweak) and await their reply. Anyone else had similar problems?

crosstrainer 16:46 07 Mar 2007

Not THE Ozzy Osbourne? I have been using Tweakvi for a week or so now, although I have not tried to uninstall it...when you say your folders were wiped out...you mean you can't see them? Uninstalling the software would normally force a re-set of any tweaks you had previously used.

I have only used it to remove certain icons, and appearence settings. Did you backup your registry when you first used it? If so, it may be possible to restore it, although I would suggest that you may be to far down the road now that you have installed other software. You could try system restore, I think this may be a registry issue though.

Rogerfredo 19:23 07 Mar 2007

I have got my system running again, as I had just backed up with Acronis image software. I posted this mainly to alert other users to a possible fault in the Tweak software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?