TWAIN TWUK_16.exe

Spr 16:39 08 Jan 2010

On start up I get the message “TWAIN TWUK_16.exe” is not compatible with windows 64 bit. I have tried to download drivers required all I get is sites that are trying to sell their products.
Any advise

john bunyan 16:56 08 Jan 2010

All I know is that the Twain interface with scanners does not work in 64 bit - I have W7 and Photoshop CS4 and use the 64 bit version for processing and the 32 bit one for scanning. This was confirmed by Adobe Thech support. I have a new Canon MP640 and had to download W7 drivers from the website. Even so if you try to scam in CS4 64 bit , it only shows the WIA option.What exactly are you trying to do?

MAJ 16:58 08 Jan 2010

Do you mean TWAIN TWUNK_16.exe?

Which operating system are you using?
Are/have you installed anything recently that might have illicited the error message?

chub_tor 17:10 08 Jan 2010

Which scanner is trying to start when you boot up? You can get rid of the message by running msconfig and unticking the box referring to the scanner.

Spr 18:51 08 Jan 2010

Yes it is TWAIN TWUNK_16.exe Im running Vista 64 bits I have not installed any new hard ware

MAJ 19:08 08 Jan 2010

"...I have tried to download drivers required..."

Drivers for what?

Your computer seems to be expecting to use Twunk on startup for some peripheral or other, so try as chub_tor has suggested.

Spr 23:42 08 Jan 2010

There is no scanner trying to start up
Will it be safe to delete these files

chub_tor 14:22 09 Jan 2010

If the message comes when you first boot up then it is either in the Startup folder (Start, All Programs, Startup) and you can delete it from there. If that folder doesn't show it then go into msconfig as I suggested earlier and untick it. I wouldn't just deletee it as it might be needed by a video camera or other external device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires