twain error on scanner

VANNIN 08:55 12 Sep 2003

my PC is HP Pavilion 7921,i have installed a new scanner CanoScan LiDE 20,when i try to scan,i get the message virtual memory low,i have increased
virtual memory,but still get the same message,when
i click Ok ,it says Twain error,cannot communicate
with scanner,cable may be disconnected,check status,cable is connected,any ideas please.

mark500 09:38 12 Sep 2003

click here Download new drivers for your OS here and try that.

VANNIN 16:24 15 Sep 2003

not solved,same pop ups appear

mark500 13:18 16 Sep 2003

DIRECT FROM CANON UK. I told them of the prob and they sent me this.

Incident ID: 386488

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.

In response to your query, please find below a step-by-step guide to follow in order to solve your problem.

This problem is caused by other twain drivers, which are installed on your System. (Former scanner or digital camera)

- Download the "Scanner uninstaller utility" from click here under "Download Software", "Scanners", select (name scanner). Choose your Operating System, language and the uninstaller utility. Create a folder on your C:\ and save and unzip it there. It will be easier to locate.
- Disconnect the scanner from the PC during the uninstalling procedure.
- Go to the folder containing the unzipped file.
- Use the file "DELDRV", select your scanner and the *.inf file will be deleted automatically.
- Go to the device manager; check if the scanner is still listed under "Imaging Devices". If so, delete it.
- Go to the folder C:\Windows or WinNT and locate the folder "Twain32". Delete it completely.
- Search for the folder "Twain_32" and delete all Canon-entries in this folder.
- Search for the file "Twain_32.dll" (mostly shown as "Twain_32") and delete it.
- Reboot the PC.
- Connect the scanner to the PC again.
- New hardware should be found.
- Re-install the driver and use the installation path: CD-ROM drive:\ScanGear\English

VANNIN 19:39 17 Sep 2003

Ihave to" create a folder on your C:\ and save and
unzip it there" How?

mark500 21:56 17 Sep 2003

Click on C drive in explorer to highlight it in blue. Go up to the toolbar and click FILE->NEW->FOLDER Give it a name. Open winzip and click on extract. On the right pane navigate to your new folder. Click it and extract.

VANNIN 07:08 18 Sep 2003

I am really embarassed but i do not know how to find C drive in explorer,is this msn explorer or internet explorer home page ?

mark500 07:57 18 Sep 2003

Start-Programs-Accessories-Windows Explorer

VANNIN 19:06 19 Sep 2003

thank you very much for your help

VANNIN 18:23 25 Sep 2003

problem re-occurs every time PC is switched off?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)