tv video sender

moorie 05:30 29 Sep 2006

dont know wether this is possible?

we currently have a tv video sender (asda £40)that sends the cable box channels to our upstairs tv.

we also hae a second cable box donstairs,what i was wondering, is it possible to use a video sender to send channels to my daughters laptop by plugging in reciever ?

johnnyrocker 08:29 29 Sep 2006

surely all your daughter would need is an additional receiver at her site? the only downside being that all watch the same content.

johnny.

moorie 08:43 29 Sep 2006

thanks for reply,its a second diggy box independant of the other one,so will need sender to view the channel on that box.The plug on the reciever is a scart,how do i connect that to lappy

johnnyrocker 08:46 29 Sep 2006

most video senders can have additional receivers purchased, as for connection you will need a scart to phono lead providing lappy has tv in and audio in facility.

johnny.

moorie 08:52 29 Sep 2006

johney how do i check tv/sound in?

johnnyrocker 08:57 29 Sep 2006

usually indicated by red and white phono sockets.

johnny.

moorie 09:01 29 Sep 2006

hi no red or white sockets just 2 headphone speaker sockets, can i do anything?

wjrt 14:33 29 Sep 2006

what about this DVB stick and she can have tv anywhere
click here

wjrt 14:37 29 Sep 2006

click here
try here
also freecom do one with analogue channels as well

moorie 16:49 29 Sep 2006

yeah thought crossed my mind but programmes no good for the little madam,got to have disney channel!ive done the usb/freeview for my 12 yr olds lappy,i guess kids are just spoilt! thanks for reply though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?