TV Tuner Problems, Can't find any channels

Meverix 12:18 03 Jun 2008

I just got a tuner card a few days ago, and I've been trying to get it to work.

The software that came with it doesn't seem to want to tune, so I'm using something else. It seems to display black no matter what I input.

At the moment, I'm just trying to record games console footage onto the computer. I've got my console connected via composite to the video, which is connected from scart->adapter->composite->computer, and also from a TV Output on the video also to the card. I'm new to TV Tuners so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The tuner doesn't appear to have a name, it seems to be a generic card (eBay bought), Philips chipset (can't give you a number right now). TV, composite and S-video input (only the former two I'm familiar with). At the moment I've ditched the software it came with for ChrisTV, a little tuner software I found online that seems to know what it's doing (the other software didn't seem to respond to most interaction).

I don't know if this is a PC problem or electronic in general but hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks!

crosstrainer 12:31 03 Jun 2008

Have a look in device manager and post back make and model.

Try connecting an aerial to the tuner (without all the console stuff) and see if it will tune TV channels.

Meverix 12:38 03 Jun 2008

Two things for it appear under Sound, Video and Game Controllers:
OEM 7130AM WDM TVTUNER
OEM 7130AM WDM Video Capture

The TV itself doesn't actually recieve broadcasted TV (I haven't watched TV in a number of years), I only use it for the games console, so that may explain why, when connected directly to the TV's aerial, it picks up nothing.

crosstrainer 12:43 03 Jun 2008

This is an oem card....can you open up the case and find a manufacturers name? the model number yields nothing about drivers or software in searches.

Meverix 12:52 03 Jun 2008

It sounds rediculous, but the tuner's box has absolutely no signs of manufacturer's details. The only sort of title is 'PCI TV CARD'. There was a small disc with it that contained the software and driver.

Here is a link to the auction in which I won it, if its any help in identifying the thing.
click here

crosstrainer 12:56 03 Jun 2008

No help I'm afraid....The only way we are going to get any more info is to physically inspect the card itself....Somewhere on it should be more details :)

Stuartli 12:58 03 Jun 2008

The 7130 is the model number for a Philips TV tuner chipset.

7130 WDM drivers for Philips chipsets:

click here

click here

ChrisTV, both free and paid for versions, is well regarded.

Meverix 12:58 03 Jun 2008

Well, when I was installing it, it appeared exactly as pictured in the auction, with no real details at all about manufacturer or anything... This is depressing :\

crosstrainer 13:01 03 Jun 2008

Well spotted!!!

Meverix 13:02 03 Jun 2008

Well, I paid them their $2.99 for the driver and got 'Page cannot be displayed'...

crosstrainer 13:03 03 Jun 2008

Download the drivers in Stuartli's link.

Make sure you have the correct version for your OS.

Uninstall the old drivers.

Install the new ones.

Should be good to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?