TV tuner for game consoles

  robthomas11 00:22 03 Nov 2006

Will a TV tuner enable me to play my Gamecube or PS2 on my PC? If so, can anyone recommend one?

Thank you.

  sean-278262 03:34 03 Nov 2006

Yes, BUT, you will need to buy specific components to do what you are asking. Some machines will have an S video in (not to be confused with svideo out) which you can then buy a separate cable for your PS2 or an adapter for your current one and attach it that way. Most TV tuner cards wont work with it and you would need to get an RF block and at last check these were fairly expensive and dont give a great picture quality.

  robthomas11 08:39 04 Nov 2006

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll leave it - I was just thinking of saving some space and trying to run everything on my pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires