TV Tuner

  Rich509a 19:30 30 Oct 2005

I wonder if anyone can help? What i'm looking for,is an external TV Tuner card that can handle Digital Tv (Freeview etc). Also, as my girlfriend has bannished all of my boys toys to one room I have no space for an another tv. So, is there a tv card that will allow me to plug an Xbox or PS2 in, and route it through the PC as well. I bought a Hauppage card the other day but when I connected, via the "Composite in" socket, the PS2 was sluggish and was impossible to play. I was very disappointed in the card>
My PC is capable of handling most things as it's brand new. Also budget is not a problem (Within reason!)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

  woodchip 19:48 30 Oct 2005

This is what I have only for Win2000 and XP. I got mine from PC World £70 click here

  Stuartli 19:57 30 Oct 2005

You can buy the TwinHan external USB Freeview MagicBox:

click here (click here)

Other models of this type listed at:

click here (see list on left)

  Rich509a 20:29 30 Oct 2005

Cheers gents, these look great. However, they don't seem to mention inputs. Will they allow me to plug in my PS2 or Xbox? Do i need another card? Any other suggestions?


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017