tv on a pc

conrail 17:02 25 Sep 2007

Hi Guys, Rainer Lesani Ashampoo have offered me DTV4PC to view 1,056 channels on my pc for $19.99, click here
does anybody know anything about this? is it worth considering? I know that if it seems too good to be true it usually is but I thought Ashampoo is a reputable company, all advice greatly accepted.

techie4me 17:46 25 Sep 2007

Not many channels to watch!
Spells like a con to me, anyway half those channels are on SKY.

Totally-braindead 17:53 25 Sep 2007

Is it worth considering? Well its debatable. All the channels are channels you can get free in some country, some I imagine will be in foreign languages for example. Look at the movies channels for example. I've never heard of them and am willing to bet they are either B movies you wouldn't want to watch anyway or very old films.
You can get free channels already on your PC so thinking about it I would probably have to say no its not worth it. $19.99 a month for loads of channels of rubbish not for me.
As an example of free TV click here and I'm not saying its any good but its just an example but from what that website says that is what you are getting for your money, free internet TV from round the world and if so theres no point in paying for it as its free anyway.
Heres another example click here

Stuartli 17:56 25 Sep 2007

More than thousand TV channels using:

click here

and freeware to boot...:-)

DieSse 18:36 25 Sep 2007

and here click here

just put free internet tv into a google search, and take your pick from the free ones!

DieSse 18:40 25 Sep 2007

"I thought Ashampoo is a reputable company"

and I can't see anything they have to do with this, other than the name has been put on that particular page.

conrail 14:49 26 Sep 2007

thanks guys, thats what I though, you have all been a great help

New City Vegas 17:45 03 Oct 2007

"$19.99 a month for loads of channels of rubbish not for me." -- Totally-braindead

In fairness, the Ashampoo link quoted $19.99 as a one-time cost, not "per-month".

I might point out that I probably have 300+ of the best viewable embedded Web TV / Radio streams from the DTV4PC list as a "free" service on one of my web sites. I am sure I also have quite a few good ones that DTV4PC does not list.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?