tv out - sender/reciever

hi all,im looking for advice or sugestions on an tv out sender & reciever device,i currently output to a 36" 100Htz tosh,which is nice but text appears unreadable,im using a 10m s-video cable between my pc and tv

JonnyTub 17:48 25 Sep 2004

have you tried lowering your resolution

JonnyTub 17:51 25 Sep 2004

if your graphics card is an nvidia click here

hi tubbs,i have g-force fx 5200,i dont think its compatable with tv chips.wouldnt realy know how to adjust the res on the tv screen without affecting my monitor(19")

JonnyTub 18:00 25 Sep 2004

reducing the resolution via your pc (my fault for not explainind) the same way as you would were you sitting in fron of your monitor

JonnyTub 18:01 25 Sep 2004

your tv isn't a rear projection one by any chance?

JonnyTub 18:04 25 Sep 2004

My own personal opinion (others may differ) is to only use your tv for playing games if your monitor isn't up to scratch and for general surfing, word, editing, etc use your monitor. Bear in mind TV's were designed to be viewed from a distance and so have a natively lower resolution than monitors which were designed to be viewed up close (and personal)

hi jonny, please excuse the late reply, dont thing its r/pro (bloody big tube), got myself in a bit of a mess with the res thing,it had a knock on effect and took ages to sort.so im leaving it. do you know why "my music" would keep locking up & not responding
thanks for trying
carl

ThePharcyde007 15:40 27 Sep 2004

Expensive but a solution is to buy a LCD TV/Plasma!!!!

just got this one cheeky

JonnyTub 15:55 27 Sep 2004

i don't think it's related in any way chilliz, maybe you have problems elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone