TV out only NTSC

ARB 12:28 29 Nov 2004

Rock 2ghz with XP and SIS 650 graphics card. The laptop has a TV out socket. After 2 years working it suddenly has changed itself to a NTSC output instead of PAL. The is no onboard softward to easily cahange it back. Checked the bios, updated latest downloads etc. Rock are at a loss they can only suggest a compolete reinstal although that may not even help. Checked on Google and note there are plenty of users in my position but no answers. Any assistance would be appreciated.

ACOLYTE 12:45 29 Nov 2004

This sounds like a software problem,somthing you installed or ran has altered the settings,you need to find what it was and see if it has the option to turn it back to pal.Maybe a graffix driver,or even the cable you are using from the tv out to tv may have caused it.Im also lost why it would just change on its own.Has the tv the option to switch from pal/ntsc.

ARB 13:42 29 Nov 2004

The change happened overning when no software was added and no internet connection either. The TV does not have that facility. The svhs cable was unchanged. But your basic assesment I agree with - this is a software issue, but which one?

ARB 13:08 01 Dec 2004

Tried searching Google and found many many users with the same problem, but no resolution. Tries PC Advisor telephone helpline and found them a total waste of time. At one stage I was advised to cut the end of a SVHS lead and find the four wires, two video and TWO AUDIO!!!! and put phone plugs on to them to input the TV. Still no further on.

ACOLYTE 15:35 01 Dec 2004

This could be a codec problem i dont know whitch one maybe mpeg2 codec maybe the default codec used for playback has changed,and so altered from pal to ntsc,this is just a guess but best i could think of.

ARB 14:10 04 Aug 2005

Resolution finally came, but what a price! Rock installed a new HD, new memory AND a complete new motherboard with an updated BIOS, they could then simply select the TV output in the BIOS settings - simply, if only I knew it would be so simply!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone