TV out from laptop

reburner57 00:57 27 Nov 2006

I am about to buy a laptop and one of the things I want is to be able to play DVD's from the laptop onto the TV in hotels (I travel a lot internationally on business). Most laptops seem not to be equipped with a Graphics card with a TV out so is there a way to get a picture to a TV through the plug that connects it to a monitor ???

Gongoozler 10:41 27 Nov 2006

These days some tv's have a vga input. Otherwise the problem is knowing what standard the tv works to. It could be PAL, NTSC or SECAM, all are incompatible and some come in different variants depending on which country. If the tv input is RF, there is also the question of what frequency the input is. This device looks promising click here

sean-278262 11:36 27 Nov 2006

The problem you have is a common one. However I found that buying a PVP (Portable Video Player) solves this problem totally. It is also easier to use than fighting a laptop to work with the formats. Just copy what you want to watch across and connect to the tv.

click here

A simple solution to your problem, also offers you convienience when traveling to not have to take a laptop out to watch something short.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone