TV FM cards

techhelp 12:43 08 Aug 2003

I have just ordered a 2.8Ghz pc and need to get a few add ons. There seems to be too much information available to make a decision, can anyone help?

TV cards - Hauppauge Win TV PCI FM or Pinnacle PCTV PCI or PRO. Are these cards about the same and therefore price is the key here?

Internet Security - Norton and McAfee both have internet security products. Does anyone know how these products compare?

All-in-one printers. Hp seems to be the way to go but there are 3 Officejets on differing prices. HP Officejet 6110, HP PCS2210 and PCS2110. I have a media card reader on the PC, apart from the higher print speeds for the 6110 above the 2210 and 2110. How do they compare for value for money / running costs?

I am looking for a good value 17" or 19" TFT DVI screen but prices start in excess of £400.00. Should I wait for prices to go down or is second hand or an auction site a better option.

Kitz E Kat 12:51 08 Aug 2003

If your goin to run XP forget about the Pinnacle TV card, i have one, in the bottom drawer, where it will live forever. Junk....

Kitz E

Jester2K II 12:57 08 Aug 2003

Internet Security - Norton and McAfee both have internet security products. Does anyone know how these products compare?

Nope. But loads of people here use AVG 6 click here for AntiVirus - Free for personal use. And i use Sygate Personal Edition (free again) as a firewall click here

All the iNternet security you need without a) paying or b) using big bloaty programs...

John-259217 15:31 08 Aug 2003

click here for a thread of mine (and a link to someone elses) about TV cards and there problems!

Jester2K II 14:04 09 Aug 2003

By e-mail
Thanks for the information on the two internet products, presumably though free I would still be able to get some support ad upgrades to maintain a protective screen?

AVG 6 - no support but free upgardes

Sygate - not sure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)