TV card

Wolfgang Schmitt 16:46 15 Jan 2010

Who can help me? I am writing from South Africa because I cannot get propper advise here in this country.
My monitor is an ACER P223W (LCD 22").
How do I get a good picture using the component inputs on a TV card. Which conditions must the TV card fulfill? I had a the TV card VIDEO MATE T500F; the picture was like MP4 quality.
Good advise would be appreciated!

GaT7 16:58 15 Jan 2010

That TV card (made by Compro if I'm not mistaken) will work with both analogue & digital signals.

What kind of signal do you have access to? And are you connecting your roof antenna to the TV card?

Well, the Acer being a monitor, is unlikely to give you the best quality TV picture. And sitting up close will only add to the less-than-perfect visuals. G

Wolfgang Schmitt 19:56 15 Jan 2010

Thank you for your reply; the COMPRO card I do not have anymore, but I look now for a card which satisfies; I have in mind the E850F also from COMPRO, but I am not sure.
Our problem here in South Africa is, that with the TV card we cannot receive the satellite signal from the dish, because this goes to a special decoder. For the TV card the signal is blocked! From the decoder I get the signal from the component output, which I then route to the component input of the TV card. With the first card I got a MP4 quality on my monitor only. I need a card which provides good quality view using the component inputs. If the card E850F would suffice I am not sure and therefore I am hesitating to invest a lot of money. Or is there an other card on the market which would be sufficient? The problem is also: I asked COMPRO support, but no reply!

AL47 20:16 15 Jan 2010

hi

im looking for a new TV tuner/recorder card myself

do you want to buy a new card or not, im not quite sure?

GaT7 20:27 15 Jan 2010

You probably need a DVB-S (S stands for Satellite) TV tuner card like click here / click here. But I'm not too sure if it'll be suitable for SA's satellite setup.

Before investing in a card, I would suggest joining a dedicated forum that deals with these things, like click here (main page at click here). It's primarily a UK-based site, but some members may know a thing or two about what you should opt for in SA. All the best with it.

These links could be helpful click here, click here & click here. G

Wolfgang Schmitt 10:46 16 Jan 2010

To AL47: As I have said: I want a knew card sufficient to get good picture on my monitor ACER P223W using the component input.
As I have explained: in South Africa the satellite signal can be received by a special local decoder only because the provider blocks any other receiving; even if a TV tuner card provides the technology for receiving the service provider blocks it.So have to get the signal from the decoder's component output. The service provider is click here.
I thank crossbow7 very much for his hints. I will attend to it.
Besides: playing a DVD gives a good picture as well as all my videos, which I recorded before on my former PC, smaller monitor and GENIUS TV card, which does not work with VISTA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017