TV Card

john sugar 20:15 16 Jan 2006

Hi all,

First post

Looking for some help, i have just hooked up my TV card as i have moved my main pc from the lounge to the bedroom & want to use the 18" LCD monitor as a TV also.

I have connected up the TV card using the analoge ariel & the picture isnt the best ???

I then connected it up using the freeview box & still the same.

All rooms upstairs pick up a good picture but for some reason it wont with the computer

Any pointers oh wise ones ??

js.

Softstag 20:34 16 Jan 2006

PC TV cards are notorious for needing a strong signal. However, if you are getting a perfect picture on other TVs using the same aerial, then it would suggest that the card may be faulty. If you have a booster, try it, if that fails then I would speak to the vendor and expalin that the picture is very poor on an external aerial that gives good pictures on normal TVs.

john sugar 20:42 16 Jan 2006

click here=

Would this solve the problem ??

woodchip 20:49 16 Jan 2006

If you are using a split arial connection, it's not a good IDEA unless you use a booster

john sugar 20:52 16 Jan 2006

Nothing at the moment is using the loft ariel, this will be the only thing that is connected to it. At the moment i am just using a one for all desk ariel

woodchip 20:52 16 Jan 2006

Just try this, I don't know what your reception area is like but just get a long wire and plug it into the middle of Arial socket the little hole in the middle. you can move this about

john sugar 20:53 16 Jan 2006

sorry will be connected to it, if you feel it will solve the problem

ruskle 21:01 16 Jan 2006

I use a USB Freecom DVB TV stick from Dabs, all freeview channels auto search and you can grab an image or record it. The package also included a small antenna approx 5 inches long which is superb and has either rubber sucker or magnet. I have a 17 inch screen laptop and watch TV on one half whilst working on the other. Check it out on Dabs website. I love it.

Russell.

woodchip 21:01 16 Jan 2006

Try the wire first

john sugar 21:03 16 Jan 2006

any type of wire ?? what length ??

ruskle 21:03 16 Jan 2006

Just a PS
The USB gismo is only about the size of a throw away cigarette lighter.

Russell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?