Turn off an option in Thunderbird

TommyRed 17:07 10 Oct 2005

When my mail arrives it is sometimes grouped with other e-mails, either opened or unopened, and a red pin is displayed to inform me that there are other messages stored there. I can't remember ever turning this function on but now have decided to be rid of it. Any ideas how? TIA TR

woodchip 17:13 10 Oct 2005

Don't think you can. It's a bit like Netscape it's Older Brother. If you click the pin I think it should expand to let you see the other Mail in that address, only way to remove the pin is delete messages under the pin so only one remains. It's to let you know that more than one message is stored under that E-Mail

Belatucadrus 17:32 10 Oct 2005

At the far left of the task bar above the mail list window, there should be a small icon with two diagonal arrows on. Hover over it to reveal "Click to display message threads". As it sounds like you are displaying message threads click on it to remove them.

TommyRed 20:31 10 Oct 2005

I don't have the two arrows but an icon which shows script, like you get in MS word for centring (sp) your page or shifting the text left or right,when I hover over that I get the 'click to display message threads' but clicking it makes no difference. TR

Belatucadrus 21:21 10 Oct 2005

OK try View/Sort by, then select Date, Ascending and Unthreaded.

TommyRed 21:56 10 Oct 2005

That seems to have done it, thanks TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?