Tune Up Utilities

thumbscrew 19:59 16 Apr 2009

Anyone used or know anything about Tune Up Utilities?I've downloaded it and run a problem check and it immediately told me I had a few hundred in the Registry. I clicked on "Remove", it stated problems solved. I then ran the check again and, although I had previously been told all clear, within seconds it stated there were a few more?? It's got multi functions...should I trust it?

VOT Productions 21:22 16 Apr 2009

Yes

thumbscrew 21:36 16 Apr 2009

Greetings Robo..."Yes"?? Any more info?

ambra4 21:49 16 Apr 2009

Yes, I use Tune Up Utilities 2007in XP and 2009 in Windows 7 it will repair registry problems,

check and free up space on your hard drive to increase performance, defrag the registry, etc

Just go thought each section and run the tests make sure that you know what you are changing

before you make any changes

I have use it since it first came out in 2004 and never had any problems with it have also

Recommended it to many company IT department as the best way to keep there computers

running stable

Just use the 1 Click Maintenance Icon on the desktop daily will help clean up any Windows

registry errors and keep temp files down to a minimum plus your computer will run a lot more

stable

ambra4 21:52 16 Apr 2009

All glad to help

Enjoy

thumbscrew 21:53 16 Apr 2009

Thanks ambra

ambra4 21:58 16 Apr 2009

Not to sure why my reply is above your last posting

Technotiger 22:24 16 Apr 2009

I have used TUU 2007/8/9 all the paid for versions. Use it regularly, grreat program.

thumbscrew 22:52 16 Apr 2009

Thanks Technotiger:I have two buttons on screen..Tune up Utilities and Tune up One Screen Maintenance. May I bother you with an explanation of what these two represent and how to use them?

Technotiger 23:14 16 Apr 2009

Tune up Utilities gives you a wide choice of programs and tweaks as part of the overall program.

Maintenance is an excellent utility that will check and repair the Registry etc etc etc - just look at this lot ... too much for a quick explanation.

click here

Technotiger 23:15 16 Apr 2009

PS - click on the image to enlarge!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?