TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462A

Wullie&Fraser 17:24 26 May 2006

I have a Samsung P28 Laptop with the above CDW/DVD drive installed. Quite often for no apparent reason the door will click and slide open. This can happen once every now and then or a good 15-20 times an hour. I don't have a disk kept in it. I have looked at all settings I can think of and have even been to Samsung website and can find no answers. Has anyone got any ideas as to why this happens and how I can stop it?

Totally-braindead 18:13 26 May 2006

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a faulty switch making intermittant contact.

Arachnae 01:26 02 Jun 2006

Hi, I have the above player and I have been watching DVD's with no prob's since new (Nov05) BUT yesterday I installed Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne Bhaal extn. - no prob's - BUT when I later tried to replay a DVD from the night before it just spun with the drive lurching until it comes up, after ejecting and prompting, with the no disk in drive error. I tried other disks: CD's - data & music are fine - so surely the hardware itself is okay?? I reinstalled the viewing software (ASUS DVD) no diff. Still no recognition of DVD's as anything at all. I am in search of drivers for the hardware interface now. Am I on the right track - is it the DVD codecs??? I could use some advice, esp. on what I should be looking for.
Cheers
Arachnae

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone