TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M dvd drive not working

dynamo_peggy 18:38 23 Dec 2009

I have recently bought a Campaq Presario CQ61 notebook and the CD/DVD drive is not working. The computer was already set up so I did not need to install anyrthing.
When I came to use the DVD drive it did not work. I went into the device manage and detects it but says it cannot start - "Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10."

I have tried looking for the drivers online to re-install but cant seem to find them.
I would be extremely greatful if anybody can offer some advice on how to sort this problem. Thanks.

chub_tor 18:51 23 Dec 2009

Is it new enough to still be under guarantee? If so I would return it and get the supplier to fix it,

dynamo_peggy 18:54 23 Dec 2009

Thanks for the quick response. I could should be able to return it but I'd prefer to try and sort it without having to return it as i have already copied lots of photos, mp3s, videos etc onto it.

dynamo_peggy 19:00 23 Dec 2009

Sorry, misunderstanding! I have copied them onto the hard-drive via USB data-stick. It is the DVD Drive that is not working.

mobileman1953 19:01 23 Dec 2009

cannot copy above things onto a dvd drive , only onto disks are you sure your not on about your hard drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 23 Dec 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?