Trying to value my desktop

melvinsmad 20:15 29 Jun 2017

I still have a custom built PC back from university but am leaving the country soon and therefore looking to sell it on. It was bought maybe 5 years ago now so probably getting a little dated but I have no idea as to where I should value it. The specs are as follows: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Included Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: NEW! Asus P8Z68-V LX
Memory: NEW! 8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x
4GB)
Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB £67.80 Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Wireless keyboard
and mouse
Speakers: Logitech S220
Monitors: 23.6 Widescreen LCD
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: 400W Xigmatek
Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Forum Editor 22:26 29 Jun 2017

The best way to do this is to take a look at similar machines being sold on Ebay. We are not able to offer advice on secondhand computers.

MJS WARLORD 23:42 29 Jun 2017

regardless of how much you sell the pc for reboot it to factory settings as this is the only way to ensure you get rid of your personal data , don't bother getting ms updates for a buyer but you might want to put w10 in it to prove to anyone that the pc can handle it.... forget press reports the free 10 upgrade is finished you can still find it on ms site if you know how to find it. try typing free 10 in a browser , lots of links to ms.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)