Trying to transfer video/tv to PC

freddy-firecracker 21:15 10 Mar 2005

Hi, i have got a Medion (7134) WDM video capture card on my pc, i was trying to copy a video onto my pc via the scart(video) to the aux/video in (red,yellow,white). I was trying to use Cyberlink powerproducer and windows movie maker but i could not get it set up correctly. The best i got with Moviemaker was a fuzzy screen. Does anybody know if i am doing anything wrong as i want to convert a few homemovies from my old video camera.

Thanks

FF

Technotiger 21:24 10 Mar 2005

Hi, I am not familiar with your capture card but, I use a cheap Hauppage TVGo PCI TV card.
I have a normal VCR connected to it and can play vhs, and capture to pc is quite straight-forward. Can also connect my camcorder via the vcr.

Cheers.

rambus 21:56 10 Mar 2005

freddy,dont even bother, it takes hours and hours the way you are doing it, dead easy if you have a digital camcorder and a firewire port.
but uploading analogue video, then encoding into digital,then editing and burning, will drive you nuts.90 min can take about 6-7 hours maybe alot longer depending on spec of pc.

freddy-firecracker 11:19 11 Mar 2005

Can you tell me what your set up is and what software you use as i may have it wrongly configured??

Thanks

FF

Technotiger 13:50 11 Mar 2005

Hi again, my setup is xp-home/sp2, I use the software which came with the card, namely WinTV2000. I have an indoor TV arial connected to a vcr which in turn is connected to the tv card - (the same way as you would normally connect any vcr to any tv.) - I can view all normal tv channels on my pc, and when I run a vhs video, watch that also on pc. I can also connect my camcorder via scart to the vcr which means of course that I can watch my camcorder tapes on pc as well. Anything I can view on pc, I can also if I wish, capture to pc. The rest, as they say, is history.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Musique en streaming : Spotify vs Deezer