Trying to move McAfee Site Advisor Icon

birdface 10:31 19 Aug 2007

Hi,I am using Firefox and McAfee Site Advisor,The Icon is currently on my Status Bar,Is there anyway to shift it on to my toolbar,So that I can close the Status bar.The main s/advisor is on IE7 and this is just the add on version from Firefox.

Stuartli 13:22 19 Aug 2007

I don't know if this will work with Firefox, but it's a method mentioned for IE:

In Internet Explorer, right click on the Toolbar. Uncheck Lock Toolbar, left click and drag the Site Advisor link to where you want it to be.

Right click on the Toolbar and re-enable Lock Toolbar.

birdface 13:40 19 Aug 2007

No gave it a try but cant budge it.i don't know if it can be shifted or not.But will keep trying.

Stuartli 13:58 19 Aug 2007

I must confess that I seem to remember that the FF and IE versions both have designated slots on the screen.

birdface 14:10 19 Aug 2007

Yes you could be right Stuartli,I just thought it was a bit of a nuisance being stuck on the Status bar.It would have been better on the Tool Bar.If someone else that uses it could confirm's that it can not be shifted I will close this and mark as resolved.Thanks for your help.

birdface 14:53 19 Aug 2007

Yes you are right again mate.It opens on the Status bar Bottom right.That is the way it was designed to open.So thanks for your help,Now classed as resolved.

Stuartli 17:31 19 Aug 2007

Ironically it opens on the right of the Toolbar in IE....:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires