trying to install network printer

chrisjohn 14:25 11 Nov 2006

1# what does this meanclick here
Linking code copied to clipboard
my laptop sees the printer server but says this error,do i need to install the printer software on every pc,

FreeCell 14:29 11 Nov 2006

You do need the printer drivers installed on each PC that will use the printer.

chrisjohn 14:30 11 Nov 2006

i have epson printer,in the net gear help file it says print manager software from epson blocks communications between pc and ps121.uninstall such print manager software,what does this mean,also is this why main pc prints ok but a error box comes up saying (no communication with printer)if this is so how do i uninstall manager software.

chrisjohn 14:34 11 Nov 2006

should i install the software that came with the printer,the install cd,on every pc ?

chrisjohn 15:02 11 Nov 2006

refresh

FreeCell 15:12 11 Nov 2006

chrisjohn

Don't have epson printers so haven't seen the help file info. Looks like a control clash between the software.

Sorry, should have asked are you networking the printer through printer sharing? In which case only PC with printer physically attached needs the driver software installed I believe.

If you have a true network printer (connected to router not another PC)then drivers need to be on each PC that is going to print.

chrisjohn 15:43 11 Nov 2006

ok every thing working all the pc's print,only thing now is main pc throws up a communication error and all the ink levels are in grey.also all ink levels on other pc's are grey,

FreeCell 16:04 11 Nov 2006

Sorry should have picked up that you are using a Netgear print server. Didn't spot the PS121 before was a usb server.

Could be that ink level is part of two-way communication between printer and pc on normal usb link, but that this isn't supported by print server. This wouldn't be uncommon.

chrisjohn 16:42 11 Nov 2006

I HAVE JUST TRIED TO DO A PRINTER TEST ON EPSON WEBSITE,BUT FAILED SAID COMMS ERROR UNABLE TO CONNECT TO PRINTER.

chrisjohn 16:44 11 Nov 2006

OK IT LOOKS LIKE I CAN SEND INFO TO THE PRINTER,BUT THE PRINTER CANT SEND INFO TO THE PC,IE INK LEVEL ECT,HOW DO WE RESOLVE THIS ?

chrisjohn 16:44 11 Nov 2006

OK IT LOOKS LIKE I CAN SEND INFO TO THE PRINTER,BUT THE PRINTER CANT SEND INFO TO THE PC,IE INK LEVEL ECT,HOW DO WE RESOLVE THIS ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?