trying to install IE7 , but having difficulty.....

woofwoofbark 22:49 06 Feb 2007

I have decided to upgrade from IE6 to IE7 through windows update , at 9:53pm tonight I ran ran windows update through microsoft's website and ticked on IE7 and clicked install , it downloaded ok then was installing great but had stuck on 'Installing Windows Internet Explorer 7 ... Installing Windows Internet Explorer required updates' i went off for a cuppa and returned to see the update had not move forward , so i decided to cancel , restart and try again ... the update has stuck at the same point once more ??? its now been 20 mins.

Is this length of time usual for upgrading to IE7 or is there another way to get it ?
BTUnlimitedGuy

thanks,

woofwoofbark 22:51 06 Feb 2007

typo* i tried the original update at 9:23pm , at 10:10pm it was still trying to update , thats when I restarted and tried again.

BTUnlimitedGuy

birdface 23:11 06 Feb 2007

Looks like your firewall or Anti-Virus may be stopping it, You may have to cancell the download,Switch of your Anti-Virus+ Firewall,If you have any extra Toolbars installed you may have to delete them or at least up-date them,Then Try and download it again,Your a/virus+ f/wall will automatically restart on boot up,

woofwoofbark 23:58 06 Feb 2007

I switched off AVG , Kerio & Spyware Terminator and that done the trick.

Much Appreciated

BTUnlimitedGuy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?