trying to install Card reader

kat64 23:39 16 Sep 2006

Hi, I am trying to install an Internal usb multi card reader. The cable has the same type of connection at each end. one end fits onto the card reader but there is Nowhere on my mobo that will fit the other end. I was advised to buy a pci usb card which i did, but the cable still doesnt fit.In device manager it says 'The drivers for this device are not installed (code28)click re install' . I insert the driver disk into the drive but the wizard says 'Unable to locate driver for this device'.On the Box the card reader came in it says No Driver Needed even though there was a driver CD with it.The connection on the cable is about half inch square with a row 0f 5 pin holes and a row of 4 pin holes. On the USB card there is just 2 rows of 4 pins.
any ideas where I am going wrong??
Its a Windows 2000 system.

Giggle n' Bits 23:58 16 Sep 2006

also which windows

kat64 00:40 17 Sep 2006

Hi Tommy Tom, on the box which the PCI USB card came in it doesnt have a makers name but it says PCI USB 2.0 4+1 Port ALI.
It does have a load of specifications on the box, too much to write it all here, but none of it means very much to me I'm afraid.
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?