Trying to install BT Voyager 2091

wishtobwireless 18:06 09 Jan 2006

I would be grateful for any assistance. I have Broadband Basic,and have finally managed to install (over a period of weeks and many phone calls to BT) Voyager 2091 via Ethernet (as I understand this was the way to go) I wish to have my Toshiba laptop WIRELESS!. But (the router, I presume)will not recognise the IP address. Forgive me but I am now in the realms of 'I don't understand'. I rang BT who told me I need to contact Toshiba, do you agree? Or has anyone heard of this before. Sorry if this is old ground but I did try the search area first!
Thanking you in anticipation...

Ikelos 18:34 09 Jan 2006

i was under the impression that BT basic did not allow wireless networking...

LAP 19:10 09 Jan 2006

Perhaps the FE can move this thread to the Networking forum, because there is a very helpful member 'mgmcc' who would have the answer.

Have you had a look at the Networking forum?

As for me I can only speak from my own experience. From what you have said I would start again. That is first switch off your PC and reset your 2091 I have the 2100 and that has a reset pin hole in the back. This needs to be held in for about 20 seconds until the lights flash. Make sure your 2091 is only connected to (a) power (b) phone line. With my 2100 (cd rom is manual only) after computer start up I just switched it on. An icon appeared in the taskbar. Next I installed a USB wireless adaptor in each of our computers. (You have an Ethernet in your PC & what have you got in your laptop?)The USB wireless adaptor also appeared in the taskbar and connected. I then opened Internet Explorer and typed 192.168.1.1 this opened up the Bt site where I put in my password and I was connected.

Anyway your ^bump^

wishtobwireless 19:14 09 Jan 2006

However my IP address states differently to 192.168.1.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?