TRYING TO FIND DRIVER-ETHERNET CARD

trv4n 19:47 29 Sep 2007

Hello, first time ever I have put in an ethernet card for wireless router .When i put in the disk with it, it is a dvd and i have cd rom only? Can you download the drivers for it from a web site somewhere? I have tried looking on the web for something similiar but I am not sure what is safe or where to get them from? I have put in a PCI 10/100 ETHERNET CARD (RTL8139DII), Or I guess i will have to buy a cheap dvd. any suggestions, thank you?

Acx 19:57 29 Sep 2007

Where did you buy it?
What make?
Which operating system?

trv4n 20:01 29 Sep 2007

On the box it says compoint. I bought it locally for £5 but may not be able to go back until next week. I run on windows xp.

brundle 20:09 29 Sep 2007

Very common chipset; click here

trv4n 09:44 30 Sep 2007

thank you for your response. I downloaded the files.It recognised as new hardware foound and then brought up the 'wizard' boxes but it could not find the drivers. i ran the 'setup.exe'macrovision within the files to see if this woould work and no change as when i put in the Aol wireless set up disk it could not find my ethernet port. Still puzzled, have i done something it wrong?

trv4n 17:07 30 Sep 2007

Got back to the shop who said that it did not work with my pc.Will get a refund. Thank you for help. I will have to start another enquiry about dvd writer just installed?//!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?