trying to block email

conrail 11:18 12 Nov 2008

using xp home with ie7; I keep getting an email telling me I have won an Audi A3; I have set up ie7 to block the sender 4 times and set up a rule to block the email in the following ways, where the subject line says 'congratulations', and different variations of the body text: Our random generator', 'possible winner', 'Audi A3' and 'Audi A3!!!' all to delete at server
the body message is as follows, I have replaced my email address in this example:
"Congratulations!
Our random generator has JUST selected your email address my name and email address> from 500.000 newsletter recipients as possible winner of an Audi A3!!!"
yet this message keeps coming, all help and suggestions gratefully accepted

rawprawn 11:35 12 Nov 2008

1. Download and install E Prompter
click here
or
2. Change your email address

Belatucadrus 12:50 12 Nov 2008

Did you include the exclamation mark in the filter ? PCs being not that bright will perceive "Congratulations" and "Congratulations!" as being different words.

birksy 13:52 12 Nov 2008

Right click on the email, select 'junk email' and try selecting 'block senders domain' to blocked senders list, instead of blocking the sender.

They change the script to keep getting past the the blocked subject/name criteria.

conrail 15:56 12 Nov 2008

thanks for suggestions, Belatucadrus I have both variations congratulations, with andbwithout the ! mark, I will try your suggestion birksy, I have already blocked it again, thanks rawprawn I am giving that a try, until the message comes again, which I hope it wont, I wont know what is/isn't working

conrail 20:28 12 Nov 2008

Hi rawprawn, trying this program but getting this message:
<name>@ntlworld.com: sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)
any ides, thanks

rawprawn 08:48 13 Nov 2008

Sorry I I have no idea why, try Mailwasher instead. Uninstall E Prompter and download and try this click here

conrail 15:51 13 Nov 2008

thanks rawprawn, all sorted, thanks also to Belatucadrus and birksy, I appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie