trying to add pics to cd

johnnyrocker 11:29 28 Jul 2006

i have a cd rw with a number of pics already on it, this morning i am trying to add some more using nero 6 xp pro sp2 when i open nero and click on data disk the relevant window opens but does not display current contents of disk for to add to, i added some pics two weeks ago with no probs but today i am stumped as when i put the new content in the list and click burn nero offers to blank the disk, where am i going wrong pls (senior moment)

johnny.

billyliv 12:10 28 Jul 2006

Hi, If you can access your pics on the CD/RW disc in 'My Computer' transfer them onto a CD/R and try again. I found CD/RWs not reliable media. Cheers Bill.L.

johnnyrocker 12:20 28 Jul 2006

thanks for that but it worked ok two weeks ago so why not now is my query.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 12:26 28 Jul 2006

checking the properies of it shows it to be full but only 59 meg in size, could it have somehow become finalised?

johnny.

Bogbrain 12:43 28 Jul 2006

Have you tried using another properly formatted cd / rw disk?

johnnyrocker 12:53 28 Jul 2006

just about to now.(do they need formatting? )

johnny.

Stuartli 13:09 28 Jul 2006

If you are using multisession mode and have correctly Saved the file after each session, then click on the second icon on the Nero Toolbar (Open an existing compilation).

You'll find the file that you (should have) saved and can open it again to add further files etc.

johnnyrocker 13:31 28 Jul 2006

i just burned another and made sure it was in multi session mode and the disk properties say full, try to add further info get message saying drive empty insert disk.

johnny

johnnyrocker 23:39 28 Jul 2006

a bit stumped here, has anyone further ideas? ie if there is a tick in multisession etc why does disk finalise please?

johnny.

Stuartli 23:40 28 Jul 2006

You only Finalise before the last burning session i.e. when the disk would be full following this session.

johnnyrocker 23:43 28 Jul 2006

thanks but if you read back you will see this is a new problem as it all has worked ok previously.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?