Try this... found by accident.

mooly 11:29 03 Feb 2009

Vista HP. My pictures folder and documents folder all have various "sub folders" in them. Select say pictures and just enter the letter f (any letter seems to work) in the search box at the top right. Every item in every folder is displayed. Well it surprised me anyway !

Woolwell 15:09 03 Feb 2009

I didn't know that. Just found that by tying the number 1 in the search box they appear in details view instead of icons.

Woolwell 15:09 03 Feb 2009

typing not tying!

Pineman100 15:27 03 Feb 2009

mooly - are you sure that it's every file in every folder?

I wonder whether it could be only the files that have the letter 'f' (or whatever you've typed) somewhere in them?

mooly 17:20 03 Feb 2009

Seems to be everything, at a glance I would say every pic in every folder is showing together wih the "folder" itself, same with documents, hundreds of em ! you have to keep scrolling down the page. A lot are not even titled just say IMG027JPG but they all show.

mooly 17:20 03 Feb 2009

Seems to be everything, at a glance I would say every pic in every folder is showing together wih the "folder" itself, same with documents, hundreds of em ! you have to keep scrolling down the page. A lot are not even titled just say IMG027JPG but they all show.

mooly 17:23 03 Feb 2009

The sites playing up... just got the "Google" message that the links broken when trying to post.

Technotiger 17:42 03 Feb 2009

As per Pineman100, I think you will find that it is everything with the letter f (for instance), shown anywhere in the pictures description - not just in the name of the pic - ie DSCF0001 etc.

Technotiger 17:43 03 Feb 2009

As per Pineman100, I think you will find that it is everything with the letter f (for instance), shown anywhere in the pictures' description - not just in the name of the pic - ie DSCF0001 etc.

Technotiger 17:44 03 Feb 2009

Sorry, that broken link again as per mooly's last note.

mooly 17:56 03 Feb 2009

Everything shows on mine. Folder labeled "My Pictures" every item shows, .AVI files to, can't see anything that IS missing at all without actually going thru each one. Am positive every single item is there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?