True Image error message. How to deal in XP?

Simsy 22:29 02 May 2006

Hi folks...

been having a little problem for a couple of days so I decided the easiest was to do a restore...

I used system restore, to a couple of days ago, (before I noticed the problem), but that didn't cure it, so I guess the problem was already there but just not noticed by me...

Fortunately I'd made a "True Image" of my system a couple of days before, so I've restored that and all appears to be well...

However, when going through the TI procedure, after telling it where I wanted the image restored to, I got a warning/error message, as per this picture... click here I carried on, and as I said, all seems to be well...

But I don't understand what the indicated problem is, or the advice it gives me...

I assume by "operating system disk tools" it means defrag and check disk? I haven't done a defrag yet, as defrag says it doesn't need doing... and I don't know where to find the XP version of what 98 called Scan disk.

I'd welcome explanations/suggestions of what the TI message is saying the problem is, and what it's saying I should do about it!!

(I really was OK with 98!!)

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

terryf 22:39 02 May 2006

try email to acronis, they are helpful with tech assistance

woodchip 23:05 02 May 2006

Looks like you have a MBR problem =Master Boot Record. You need to First check the disc by going to My Computer, Double click it then right click C:\ click tools click on check the disc and put a tick in box to Auto Fix then restart the computer and see what comes up

Simsy 15:16 03 May 2006

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?