Tru-Brite - proper description?

  *NickS* 16:18 19 Oct 2005

On a Toshiba laptop, in reference to the screen, there is a feature of 'Tru-Brite' - it's the sharp glossy type of screen.

What is this called in other manufacturer's ranges?

  woodchip 16:20 19 Oct 2005

Wallies, Well that's what they call them abroad

  woodchip 16:21 19 Oct 2005

The Word Brite is short for Bright

  woodchip 16:21 19 Oct 2005

Tru= True Colour

  *NickS* 16:29 19 Oct 2005

Thanks woodchip - but I'm not that daft!!

I realised what it's abbreviated from, but I also beleive that it's their trademark/brand name...

Do I just look for 'True Bright' in the screen description on PC specs., or is there a technical term, or a general abbreviation for this technology - non-tradenamed?


  woodchip 16:37 19 Oct 2005

I would say It's like back's of car's just a gimmick, they put TDI for turbo Diesel Injection. Why the I all diesel's are injection

  keef66 17:01 19 Oct 2005

Why the D? they are all diesel too.

  Stuartli 18:31 19 Oct 2005

No, it could be a Ti petrol engine i.e. turbocharged and injected petrol engine; the D differentiates the two.

  keef66 10:22 20 Oct 2005

Good point. The i is redundant either way; all the petrol engines (in the UK anyway)employ fuel injection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?