TR/patched.gen2

Star Lord 16:14 28 May 2011

My pc has been infected with a TR/patched.gen2 and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have the free Avira internet security and it is up to date. I have booted up my pc in safe mode and done a scan, I have also used malwarebytes in safe mode.

Once I boot my pc in normal mode Avira give me a popup to say my pc is still infected. What can I do to remove the TR/patched.gen2?

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit AMD Phenom II X4 805
Deneb 45nm Technology 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18) Acer RS780HVF (AM2)

rdave13 18:33 28 May 2011

It could be a false positive and could be cleared on the next major update. I would suggest running Dr.Web Cureit (free version) from here. Things to know; although it's free it has to be downloaded every time to have the most up-to-date version, so download and select 'run'. It will ask for a name and email and basic info such as gender, age etc. Some spam to look foreward to but nothing is for nothing really. Once started it goes to enhanced protection mode, meaning the desktop will be greyed out during the scan. Your security programs will still be running in the background. It defaults to express scan but will still take some time depending on what you have on your HDD. After initial scan you can select a full scan but I wouldn't bother with that. Sometimes after the scan it will show if the hosts files have been changed. Don't bother using the program to set to defaults as you'll need to go to Microsoft to do that. One other thing is while scanning you'll get a single nag screen to purchase or trial the security suit. Click on the 'x'and it disappears. It's a good tool to use and can also be used from a usb drive if saved. If nothing found via Cureit then it looks more likely it's a false positive. Keep quarantining it in Avira until you get some updates to see if it clears.

birdface 19:18 28 May 2011

Worth a read through this. link text

rdave13 19:24 28 May 2011

Juba.

Be very wary of using combofix unless directed from a forum expert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache