Troubles with wireless router

Itroo 10:56 19 Nov 2007

Does anyone have ideas on this. I have two pc's in the house , the internet is setup through a wireless belkin mimo router . one of the pcs connects fine . The second pc states it connects to the router but will not connect to the net at all. I have turned off all firewall settings . tried multiple connectors for the wireless network (including the wireless dongle from the working pc) but there is no joy it will not run the net through it . The wireless router is setup correctly as far as i cna tell as the other pc works fine , the router is setup for dhcp for multiple clients .

Itroo 10:57 19 Nov 2007

Oh and forgot to post on the pc that wont connect I have done a full virus scan and formated the pcs numerous times so it is starting from scratch

ambra4 11:04 19 Nov 2007

Check this site and the lan card setting

click here

canadaSub 13:22 19 Nov 2007

Just managed to get my brother's Belkin working. Definately not the easiest Router to set-up. In fact I wouldn't recommend Belkin! Eventually, I gave up and phoned the guy in far off India to resolve the awful instructions supplied. Calls are supposed to be "local rates" (not got the bill to confirm that yet)
To see if the router is truly connected, try this.
Click START\All_Programs\Accessories\Command_Prompt - in the DOS window, type ipconfig - and click enter.
Typing ipconfig should show details of the Router connection.
Then in the DOS window, type ping yahoo.com - and you should see a result.
If all looks good, open Internet Explorer and in the address bar, type in 192.168.2.1 and the router details will be displayed.
No router details means there is a problem with IE more than likely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone