Trouble with writing to CD-RW

rawprawn 17:48 01 Apr 2004

I have Easy CD Creator 5 Basic, I have had no trouble until recently. when I try to copy files to the CD-RW I get that the files are ready to be written , but either there is no disc in the drive, It is not suitable, or erase to make this writeable. I have formatted discs so they should be ready for drag & drop, but I just get the message "Files ready to be written to CD" No matter how I try I can't get files to transfer. Any help greatly appreciated

rawprawn 18:19 01 Apr 2004

I don't seem to have the same problem on plain non rw discs.

Spanglish 18:52 01 Apr 2004

Which version of 5 do you have ? It may help if you update to 5.10 ( I think thats the one ) also what OS do you have and what changes to the system did you make before it .. did not work ?
Try re-installing ( after using roxio zap , available from the Roxio web site )
Though I can recommend the Roxio 6.
BA

rawprawn 19:15 01 Apr 2004

My version is 5.1.26.1106 & I am on XP home. I don't think that I have made any changes to the system. I will look for Roxio Zap, & I will come back as soon as I have chance, Thanks.

billyliv 19:36 01 Apr 2004

Hi, I had so much bother with CD-RWs that I dumped them all and now just use CD-Rs. No problems now. Cheers, Bill

rawprawn 07:33 02 Apr 2004

I uninstalled using Add or Remove programs, downloaded & installed V 5.3.5.10 and a new driver update. Still no luck. What do you mean by"Roxio Zap" The strange thing is although all the rest of Creatot 5 is showing the new version the Format facility still shows the old one, although it does mention this on the site.
billyliv I am havig no trouble with CD-R either I wonder why that is.

GaT7 13:16 02 Apr 2004

Packet writing t'shooting -click here - read whole article. An extract, "Other software loaded on a computer has been known to cause problems as well, particularly virus checkers, screen savers, and power management software. Try disabling these to see if the situation improves. You should also check the web site for your packet writing software to see if there is an upgrade available which addresses any problems with your make and model of CD-RW drive, or version of Windows."

Also, click here - especially read the portion towards the end of the article re WinXP.

Experiencing same problem on friend's PC (laptop) & ECDC v5.3.5.9 - not solved though works intermittently.

joe95 (of this Forum) is also having the same problem with WinXP & Nero's InCD - yet unsolved - click here. We are down to 3 things to try there - 1. SW upgrade, 2. Cd-rw drive firmware update, 3. trying a different CD-rw drive.

rawprawn 14:22 02 Apr 2004

Thank you very much for your imput, I have just this minute completed formating 2 CD-RW Discs both were successful.I have a feeling that I had 2 faulty discs that created the problem, but I am not yet sure, & updating my software may have done the trick although I still could not do anything with the two discs that originally caused the problem.
It may be of course that I am having the same intermittent problem as your friend, I guess only time will tell.Good luck

rawprawn 17:29 02 Apr 2004

I have formatted another 3 CD-RW with no problem, so I am going to tick this as resolved. Thanks to all for the imput.
Dennis

GaT7 17:40 02 Apr 2004

& thanks for letting us know : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017