Trouble with Wireless Connection

Guady 15:43 18 Mar 2008

The saga of my friend's laptop continues! (She lost Windows, we used Restore CDs, but lost internet connection - and also use of mouse!!) But we are making a little progress. I went today and, following the ISPs instruction sheet, managed to get online - but only with the cable connected. Presumably the router must be switched to "on" or I don't suppose it would connect at all. The instruction sheet told us how to configure with XP - but her laptop didn't show any of the screens in the info sheet. We are in Spain and the ISP is ya.com. The router is SMC. The laptop is an Acer, but is set up in Spanish (my friend is Spanish) which is more difficult for me. The instructions didn't tell me to insert a CD to load software. The big problem was that I couldn't find any list of Wireless Connections Available - so I came to a full stop! I have left it connected via the cable, so she can use it in the meantime - but would like to get the wireless working. I've never set up wireless at all before, and any advice would be much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 18 Mar 2008

Start - settings - cntrol panel - wireless network setup wizard.

just follow the prompts (with a little help from your friend to read the spanish).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 18 Mar 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017