trouble when inserting dvd into drive

shorty08 14:22 12 Nov 2007

i have been copying films and now having trouble as my computer will allow me to do one disc then if i insert another turns off leaving me with a blue screen saying update bios..and couple other bits.Ive done this and its not made a difference,ive bought a external memory thinking that might have been the problem and ive checked that the driver ive got is the latest which it is and still not having any luck.Can anyone help please?

shorty08 14:45 12 Nov 2007

have run scannow and it has come up with : files that are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the dll cache.Insert windows xp proffesional disc 2 now.
possible reasons for this cd-rom drive in system not running properly.

Then: files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions.To maintain system stability,windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Do i use the disc i use to install xp onto my computer?
Please help :-)

johnnyrocker 14:52 12 Nov 2007

i think you will find that it will only replace those it requires.

johnny.

shorty08 15:25 12 Nov 2007

right but do i use the disc that i used to actually install windows onto my comp?will that replace what needs to be?

johnnyrocker 15:32 12 Nov 2007

it needs the files from an xp disk if that is what you have that is what you use,

johnny

Stuartli 15:36 12 Nov 2007

Yes. When you run

sfc /scannow

you will most likely to be asked to put your XP disk in the CD/DVD drive.

Windows File Protection will find and replace corrupt files.

Also see:

click here

Stuartli 15:37 12 Nov 2007

A thorough defrag of your hard drive will also help as copying films will create more fragmented files than in normal use.

shorty08 17:24 12 Nov 2007

it tells me to insert windows xp disc 2 but im sure theres only 1 disc so should i just use this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?