Trouble trying to play ECD part of audio cd

Bruz 10:43 29 Dec 2007

I have just acquired a cd that includes a CD ROM track on it. My computer only recognisers the audio part. I have tried every software from powerdvd to quicktime and even adobe prem pro 2.0
nothing will access it.
I have been online and none of the solutions worked.
Any one with any ideas.
Bruz

johnnyrocker 10:49 29 Dec 2007

if vlc can not play it nothing will click here

johnny

Bruz 12:09 29 Dec 2007

Thanks johnnyrocker for your input but they want $49.00 for the FREE version of that software.
I will pass on that option.
Thanks again for your help it was much appreciated.
Cheers Bruz

bluesbrother 13:03 29 Dec 2007

Try this link for vlc. click here It is free and good.

johnnyrocker 13:06 29 Dec 2007

sorry wrong link;(

johnny

Bruz 21:12 29 Dec 2007

Thanks bluesbrother, I got vlc but it still will not run this ECD.
My PC only recognises the AUDIO on the CD and it only lists the tracks, so it is my DVD re-writer that is to blame.
I tried the cd in a friends PC and it booted up using quicktime. She only has an old cd re-writer.
I have watched the ECD now but I will continue to into the reason why My DVD re-writer will not interpret mixed data and audio cds.
Cheers for all your help.
Bruz

johnnyrocker 23:16 29 Dec 2007

readers generally (maybe any) will only deal with one format or another and not able to switch between unless i think you want to spend many bucks.

johnny

Bruz 11:47 03 Jan 2008

To copy the cd was easy just use Nero 7 disc copy but I wanted to watch the ECD part of the cd.
I found the solution to watching it and that was to use an old copy of ISObuster to read the disc and copy the EDC part into a folder on my hard drive. It worked and I have now watched the ECD.
Thanks for all your help.
Bruz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?