trouble with mouse

yattonharrytoo 14:04 07 Nov 2006

Hi Can anyone advise please?
My mouse was really slow, so I bought a new keyboard and mouse - Logitech.

The mouse started off ok but now less than a month later it is like the last mouse, very slows and draggy. It will not hold the scroll bar in position and it does not always 'copy' the detail I need buty 'pastes' some previous text. If you click on say 'print' it takes about 4 massive clicks to obey.

Help please. Oh changed the batteries today too

Thanks

rsinbad 14:10 07 Nov 2006

sounds like a driver problem click here choose your mouse and keyboard to update the latest drivers

yattonharrytoo 22:53 07 Nov 2006

How about the mouse mat? |Does anyone know if mats interfere with the workings of a wireless mouse?

I ask as I decided to take my very posh mat away and try a quite ordinary one, that I would normally have chiucked out and my problem <shhh!> seems to have gone away.

I have been using an Allsop one with rain drops on....anyone know?

Thanks

woodchip 22:59 07 Nov 2006

If it's a Sagem I had the Problem of the mouse stopped working then Keyboard started acting up so I took them back to MAKRO and got money back, then got a Labtec Keyboard

Totally-braindead 00:13 08 Nov 2006

Try it without a mouse mat or just try a plain piece of paper, obviously if that makes a difference then its the mouse mat.

Jak_1 00:28 08 Nov 2006

Is it an optical mouse or the old style ball mouse?

yattonharrytoo 07:49 08 Nov 2006

Jak - I have no idea - I don't 'know' things like that. It is a Logitech with a light underneath and left and right buttons to click and a scroll button in middle. What is that - an optical mouse? Can these mice see then? <grin>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?