Trouble loading a program

Bald Eagle 16:32 11 Jan 2006

I have bought a legal copy of a Renault car manual. It consists of 3 CDs. On disc 1 the instructions tell you to load Acrobat Reader, Java Runtime and finally Quick Time (it is adamant that any reference already on the computer to Quick Time is removed) followed by restarting the computer.

You then load discs 2 & 3 which I assume contain the Data. Everything goes OK but when I start the program all I get is the blue band at the top with Dialogys on it and a white screen.

If I go to Add/Remove programs I cannot find any reference to the program! The vendor has merely sent me a second set of discs when I complained but these give the same results. I am running Windows XP, any suggestions of what may be wrong?

Ray

Totally-braindead 16:39 11 Jan 2006

I presume other disks work fine and it is only these Renault ones you have the problem with? Is the program designed to run on your Operating system? IE If you have XP, does the disks say they work on XP? If not you could try compatability mode.

Bald Eagle 18:10 11 Jan 2006

Totally,where would I look to find if it is XP friendly. I did tell the vendor I run XP.The discs do say that it is copyright 2000 so which system might it have run on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone