Trouble with Graphics card !!!

noddy2121 13:47 27 Apr 2006

Hi,

I have recently got a new notebook, it is a Toshiba Sattelite Pro L20.

The notebook comes with Windows XP home pre-installed, the problem is, i dont want Windows XP, i want Windows 2000 Pro.

I reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows 2000 Pro, but Windows 2000 does not pick up the drivers for the graphics and sound adaptors.

So i re-installed Windows XP so i could see what drivers to search for on the internet. Windows XP is showing that the graphics card is "ATI Radeon Express 200m". So i have searched for these drivers on the net and i cannot find them anywhere.

Has anyone got any suggestions how i could get this card working with Windows 2000 Pro.

Cheers

Totally-braindead 14:35 27 Apr 2006

The drivers may well have been on a hidden partition but by formatting the hard drive you have deleted them, thats assumming they exist anyway. I've looked on the Toshiba website click here and searched for all drivers for all operating systems and its come back with nothing. I presume therfore that the notebook uses XPs generic drivers and if you want to use Windows 2000 you will need to find them, if they exist. Regarding the graphics, this may work. click here If it doesn't work then I'm unsure as to what you can do. I presume the Toshiba is not designed to work Windows 2000 in which case using 2000 may not be an option.

Belatucadrus 15:21 27 Apr 2006

Try this click here

noddy2121 15:34 27 Apr 2006

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?